Synergyc is established industry specific Services Provider with passionate, devoted, and user-oriented IT & Finance experts combining industry-specific functional and process expertise with advanced solutions. This powerful combination assists our customers in their system and process transformation journey on all levels – from enterprise processes, tools, and applications to back-office operations and infrastructure. We are focusing on helping create the services culture of the future with an emphasis on Commodities, Oil & Gas, and Energy.
Our client is a global merchant in base and precious metals, with expert teams on every continent. It is among the top copper, zinc and lead concentrates merchandizers, and a leader in refined copper, zinc, aluminum and nickel markets.
Within the Treasury function the candidate will be dedicated to the financing of the company’s commercial flows, as well as various other tasks and routines related to Treasury.
- Transactional financing – approx. 75% of the time (depending on business volume)
- Arrange financing for the company’s commercial flows with a main focus on the EMEA and Latam regions: propose transactions to the banks, follow up on payments, communicate with banks and advise status on transactions and pending items, update relevant control sheets and update the front systems when needed
- Understand and follow up on all aspects of the financing when it’s arranged (documentation needed to comply with bank requirements, bank conditions, pricing – interest and fees, payment terms, expected reimbursement dates, etc.)
- Support various teams (especially Trading and Traffic) in the financing process daily: advise status on financing, respond to urgent requests, clarify steps when needed, assist in getting signatures for documents, etc.
- Repo financing (review and agree on pricing, instruct payments and hedge transfers, follow up on releases, update systems with financing references, support on related reporting tasks)
- Active role in borrowing base financing and receivable discounting
- Guarantee the integrity and accuracy of control sheets and systems in place (financing position, outstanding payments, pricing, tenor on different transaction steps, etc.), raise flags on improvements needed and propose solutions to clear discrepancies
- Participate and make contributions to improve the financing process as a whole (gain in efficiency, optimize costs, propose ideas and solutions to improve the day-to-day operations)
- Tasks not limited to the above
- Various other Treasury tasks – approx. 25% of the time
- Back-up role on cash management (cash reconciliations, loan close out, loan roll over, cash transfers, etc.)
- Back-up role on forex hedge transactions (follow up on orders, instructions, reporting, etc.)
- Prepare and distribute various Treasury KPI reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Tasks not limited to the above
Experience and knowledge
- 3-4 years of financial background. Experience in banking and/or commodity trading companies is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Economics/Finance/Business Administration or equivalent
- Basic understanding of trading concepts, including physical and financial transactions
- Knowledge of treasury operations: interest calculation, loan mechanisms, etc.
- MS Office practice: solid background in Excel (e.g. sum, sumif, vlookup, pivot table, etc.)
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Being part of a dynamic and professional team
- Additional social benefits package
- Convenient and modern office
Our recruitment process will be fully remote for your safety! You can meet our hiring managers and recruitment specialists online!
We care about you, so we implemented completely remote recruitment process including telephone and video interviews only. Once hired you will be able to have your onboarding and trainings in the comfort of your own home with very limited need to come to the office. This is valid until the COVID-19 measures are active.